3 Delicious and Nutritious Raw Breakfast Recipes
Everyone has his or her favorite meals to eat for breakfast. In all honesty, mine is green juice (surprise!)
My health journey ( I beat Stage IV Cancer without Big Pharma) led me to understand how important our diet is and how vital raw food recipes and alkaline water are to achieving optimal disease free health.
Some of the dishes that many folks looking for raw food recipes find most enjoyable are slightly sweet, nutrient-dense goodies that are healthy versions of cooked staples, such as cereals, granola, and yogurt parfaits.
While I am always aware that fruits and protein-rich nuts and seeds are treats rather than staples, a raw food lifestyle needs to incorporate them. These ingredients beautifully find their way onto any breakfast table, in flavorful combinations that are decadent, creamy, and most of all life giving.
Breakfast is an important meal that sets the stage for how we function throughout the day and how we will feel.
As the first meal of the day breakfast should fill the body with a generous supply of protein and fiber, as well as vitamins, minerals, and antioxidant-rich foods. Our body’s energy needs are great in the morning.
Reach for tasty recipes that contain complex carbohydrates like fresh fruits and sprouted grains, but consume these foods in moderate amounts.
A balanced diet, whether for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, always takes into consideration the body’s entire nutrient needs at each meal. Befriend heart-healthy fats in limited quantities, such as coconut, flax, and hemp oil. Compliment a breakfast entrée by using plant-based healthy milks like raw almond, flax, coconut, or hemp.
Here are some fun raw breakfast recipes that will help you to begin each day feeling alive full of vitality that lasts for hours…
- 1 cup raw nuts, soaked overnight (almonds, cashews, or Brazil nuts – or a mixture)
- 1 cup raw coconut milk (or substitute almond milk)
- 1 tablespoon raw coconut shreds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ of an organic apple, diced
- ½ cup seasonal fruits of your choice
- Combine all ingredients except apple and seasonal fruits in a high-speed blender or food processor until desired consistency. I like my fruit and nut bowl to have a coarse texture, although some prefer a creamier “porridge.”
- 1 cup raw almond milk
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ¼ cup raw nuts (cashew, macadamia, or Brazil nuts)
- Cinnamon and vanilla to taste (I always prefer this to using dates whenever possible)
- Fresh Fruit for garnish (strawberries, kiwi, mango, and blueberries work well)
- Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor. Pour into a glass jar, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- 1 cup raw buckwheat groats, soaked overnight
- ¼ cup raw almonds, soaked overnight
- ¼ cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 3 tablespoons raw local honey
- 2 tablespoons raw, expeller-pressed coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- ¼ cup organic cherries, dried
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao nibs
- 1 tablespoon raw, shredded coconut
- Raw almond or coconut milk as desired
- Rinse buckwheat groats, almonds, and cashews.
- Place buckwheat groats in a large bowl.
- Process almonds and cashews in a food processor until they resemble coarse crumbs.
- Add to buckwheat along with other ingredients except milk.
- Stir until well combined.
- Place mixture on a dehydrator tray and dehydrate for about 4 hours, or until dried. Remove and serve in individual bowls, then top with milk.
Please use the comment section below to share your thoughts and ideas. We LOVE hearing from you!
In health and gratitude,
Elaine & Nevin
P.S. Before I forget, if you are ever feeling overwhelmed and are serious about getting clarity and focus to create the life you desire and deserve, let’s schedule a Find Your Focus 15 minute complimentary call.
CLICK HERE and let’s talk.
P.P.S. If you have enjoyed this information and can think of someone that would be well served to receive the information, please share.