Fab Broccoli and Red Pepper Salad
As always, my health is foremost when creating recipes and menus.
My research that led me to beat Stage IV cancer without Big Pharma made it plain and simple: eat alkaline mostly raw foods!
Armed with education and clarity, the rest became easier.
Both Bell Peppers and Broccoli rank very high on the on the alkaline list of foods.
- Bell Peppers – Bell peppers are some of the tastiest foods on this list, and also some of the highest in different types of antioxidant families. They contain literally dozens of distinct antioxidant compounds, including some of the most complex ones in existence. Bell peppers have over thirty different carotenoids present, for example. They also have twice as much vitamin C as the typical orange does.
- Broccoli – While definitely high in alkalines, broccoli has some of the best across the board general nutrition of any food. Containing substantial portions of a healthy daily dose of close to two dozen different vitamins and minerals, a growing number of nutritionists and savvy cooks are trying to work broccoli in to the daily diet of their clients. This shouldn’t be that difficult, because broccoli is immensely versatile as a food.
This recipes is a real go to for me. It is so easy and wonderful that I whip it up in a flash and enjoy it any time of day and night.
You will find this beautiful and a real hit so be sure to offer to bring it to your next party.
- ½ large red pepper
- 1 bunch broccoli
- ½ cup almond butter or tahini
- ½ - 1 lime or lemon juiced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1-3 tbs rosemary (dill also works great)
- Cut pepper and broccoli into bite sized pieces
- Wash all veggies in alkaline water
- Place in a bowl
- Select the dressing of your choice
- Whisk dressing ingredients until desired consistency, season and stir into pepper and broccoli until evenly coated.
- The lemon works best with the almond butter while the lime works best with the Tahini
- Adding nuts, buckwheaties and/or sprouts is fabulous
- Because it is so colorful, this makes a terrific company dish
In health and gratitude,
Elaine & Nevin
P.S. Before I forget, if you are ever feeling overwhelmed and are serious about getting clarity and focus to create the life you desire and deserve, let’s schedule a Find Your Focus 15 minute complimentary call.
CLICK HERE and let’s talk.
P.P.S. If you have enjoyed this information and can think of someone that would be well served to receive the information, please share.