Refreshing Zucchini Pasta & Watermelon Salad
Following an alkaline oxygen rich lifestyle began as I was looking to remain cancer free. Understanding that this is a solid foundation for disease prevention, weight loss, increased energy was the catalist. Now it is an excuse to have a ball creating fun new raw food recipes as I add to my collection.
Zucchini (Cucurbita pepo) is a popular variety of summer squash that can be consumed raw or cooked.
- Zucchinis were first brought to the United States in the 1920s by the Italians.
- April 25th is National Zucchini Bread Day.
- The flower of the zucchini plant is edible. Fried squash blossoms are considered a delicacy.
- Mild bitterness in zucchini, like that in related species like cucumbers, may be result from environmental factors such as high temperature, low moisture, low soil nutrients, etc.
- The bitterness is caused by compounds called cucurbitacins.
- The world’s largest zucchini on record was 69 1/2 inches long, and weighed 65 lbs. Bernard Lavery of Plymouth Devon, UK, grew the humongous veggie.
- Nutrients and vitamins found in zucchini can help prevent cancer and heart disease.
- A zucchini has more potassium than a banana.
- The word zucchini comes from ‘zucca’ the Italian word for squash.Biggest is NOT best. The most flavorful zucchinis are small- to medium-sized and the darker the skin, the richer the nutrients.
Watermelon is everyone’s favorite summer fruit! Here are some interesting facts about Watermelon:
- Not only does it quench your thirst, it can also quench inflammation that contributes to conditions like asthma, atherosclerosis, diabetes, colon cancer, and arthritis.
- Over 1,200 varieties of watermelon are grown worldwide.
- Watermelon is an ideal health food because it doesn’t contain any fat or cholesterol, is high in fiber and vitamins A & C and is a good source of potassium.
- Pink watermelon is also a source of the potent carotenoid antioxidant, lycopene. These powerful antioxidants travel through the body neutralizing free radicals.
- Watermelon is a vegetable! It is related to cucumbers, pumpkins and squash.
- Early explorers used watermelons as canteens.
- Watermelon is grown in over 96 countries worldwide.
- In Israel and Egypt, the sweet taste of watermelon is often paired with the salty taste of feta cheese.
- Every part of a watermelon is edible, even the seeds and rinds.
This zucchini pasta & watermelon salad is mouth watering, literally ,
since it is healthy, delicious and hydrating.
- Green and/or yellow zuchini
- Bite size chunks of watermelon
- Cherry tomatoes
- Olive Oil
- Lemon or lime
- Wash all produce in spring or alkaline water.
- Place zucchini pasta through Spriralizer and place in bowl.
- Add watermelon, nuts or seeds, cherry tomatoes and celery pieces to pasta and toss.
- Mix in small amount of olive oil and squeeze lime to taste.
- Top with sprouts and enjoy.
Be creative but keep the main ingredients to just a few.
Always have something crunchy like celery, broccoli or cauliflower.
This is the type of recupe you can sneak in things like kelp, dulce and turmeric.
SSHHHH keep that between us.
In health and gratitude,
Elaine & Nevin
P.S. Before I forget, if you are ever feeling overwhelmed and are serious about getting clarity and focus to create the life you desire and deserve, let’s schedule a Find Your Focus 15 minute complimentary call.
CLICK HERE and let’s talk.
P.P.S. If you have enjoyed this information and can think of someone that would be well served to receive the information, please share.