Zucchini Pasta Primavera
As I continue living the alkaline lifestyle I learned about while beating Stage IV cancer, it is important to have a handful of “go to” raw food recipes up my sleeve. Zucchini pasta is a top contender. You can use green, yellow or both to create many varieties.
Truthfully I will go to the salad bar and get a few favorites then toss them into the raw pasta. Seriously, how fast and simple is that!
- Zucchinis were first brought to the United States in the 1920s by the Italians.
- April 25th is National Zucchini Bread Day.
- The flower of the zucchini plant is edible. Fried squash blossoms are considered a delicacy.
- Mild bitterness in zucchini, like that in related species like cucumbers, may be result from environmental factors such as high temperature, low moisture, low soil nutrients, etc.
- The bitterness is caused by compounds called cucurbitacins.
- The world’s largest zucchini on record was 69 1/2 inches long, and weighed 65 lbs. Bernard Lavery of Plymouth Devon, UK, grew the humongous veggie.
- Nutrients and vitamins found in zucchini can help prevent cancer and heart disease.
- A zucchini has more potassium than a banana.
- The word zucchini comes from ‘zucca’ the Italian word for squash.Biggest is NOT best. The most flavorful zucchinis are small- to medium-sized and the darker the skin, the richer the nutrients.
- Fresh zucchini for pasta
- Raw veggies cut into bite size of your choice
- Marinated olives
- Raw marinara sauce
- Raw parmesan cheese
- Wash produce in alkaline or spring water
- Cut off the ends of the zucchini then cut zucchini in half so it is manageable
- Insert in Spirooli and create your pasta and set aside in a bowl
- Add vegetables and toss
Create two layers of veggies to add:
- 1st nuts and seeds diced vegetables
- 2nd any harder items like sprouts,
Top with marinara sauce of your choice
Add in raw parmesan cheese
Truth be told: I will stop at the salad and olive bar to grab whatever I want to add
In health and gratitude,
Elaine & Nevin
P.S. Before I forget, if you are ever feeling overwhelmed and are serious about getting clarity and focus to create the life you desire and deserve, let’s schedule a Find Your Focus 15 minute complimentary call.
CLICK HERE and let’s talk.
P.P.S. If you have enjoyed this information and can think of someone that would be well served to receive the information, please share.