Zucchini Pasta Primavera is a true staple in our home.
As I continue living the alkaline lifestyle I learned about while beating Stage IV cancer, it is important to have a handful of “go to” raw food recipes up my sleeve. Zucchini pasta is a top contender. You can use green, yellow or both to create many varieties.
Truthfully I will go to the salad bar and get a few favorites then toss them into the raw pasta. Seriously, how fast and simple is that!
- Zucchinis were first brought to the United States in the 1920s by the Italians.
- April 25th is National Zucchini Bread Day.
- The flower of the zucchini plant is edible. Fried squash blossoms are considered a delicacy.
- Mild bitterness in zucchini, like that in related species like cucumbers, may be result from environmental factors such as high temperature, low moisture, low soil nutrients, etc.
- The bitterness is caused by compounds called cucurbitacins.
- The world’s largest zucchini on record was 69 1/2 inches long, and weighed 65 lbs. Bernard Lavery of Plymouth Devon, UK, grew the humongous veggie.
- Nutrients and vitamins found in zucchini can help prevent cancer and heart disease.
- A zucchini has more potassium than a banana.
- The word zucchini comes from ‘zucca’ the Italian word for squash.Biggest is NOT best. The most flavorful zucchinis are small- to medium-sized and the darker the skin, the richer the nutrients.
- Fresh zucchini for pasta
- Raw veggies cut into bite size of your choice
- Marinated olives
- Raw marinara sauce
- Raw parmesan cheese
- Wash produce in alkaline or spring water
- Cut off the ends of the zucchini then cut zucchini in half so it is manageable
- Insert in Spirooli and create your pasta and set aside in a bowl
- Add vegetables and toss
Please use the comment section below to share your thoughts and ideas. We LOVE hearing from you!
In health and gratitude,
Elaine & Nevin
P.S. Before I forget, if you are ever feeling overwhelmed and are ready to “Claim Your Extraordinary” it is time to book your FREE Discovery Conversation.
P.P.S. If you have enjoyed this information and can think of someone that would be well served to receive the information, please share.