As the seasons change, for us here in The Shenandoah Valley in VA, Fall is our last chance to easily get out there before the snow makes it more challenging. When the breeze turns cooler, we’re often scrambling to get outside and enjoy the colorful autumn season before we retreat indoors for winter. it is a beautiful time filled with gifts from Mother Nature.
Through the years we have had so many wonderful outings with children and grandchildren. I get nostalgia as I remember those special times… sometimes I am so filled with love and gratitude, that I tear up.
Facing a journey that led me from Stage IV NHL to being the healthiest I have been in my very young 75 years! Every step of the way, every choice was made knowing my personal North Star. No one was going to tell me I would not see my grandchildren grow up. This is why I am so passionate about sharing everything I have learned and everything I do with you. Making life simpler is my goal.
Knowing how wonderfully full your schedule is, I have created a Fall Fun Bucket List for you to print off. Use to plan your adventures over the next month or two before the cold settles in.
- Visit a pumpkin patch and take one home (and roast your pumpkin seeds)
- Pick some apples (and turn them into a healthy baked apple dessert)
- Make some healthy chili in your slow cooker (and come home to dinner already done)
- Take photos of the fall foliage (turn them into canvas prints for gifts for loved ones)
- Shop at your local farmer’s market (and pick seasonal fall veggies to cook in your kitchen)
- Use your fire pit or build a bonfire (gather around it with loved ones)
- Go hiking (the autumn surroundings are different even on your favorite trails)
- Update your skincare routine to be more autumn-friendly (heavier formulas will lock in hydration even as the wind gets chillier)
- Organize your sweaters and cold weather clothes (donate anything that doesn’t fit, or you have had lodged in your closet for years)
- Make s’ mores using dark chocolate (and use a banana instead of graham crackers for a low-carb option)
- Get a good book (and read it outside)
- Make yourself a healthy warm fall beverage (perfect for better immunity)
- Have an autumn-themed movie night
- Make popcorn and season with olive oil and dill for a healthy snack
- Make your coffee by sprinkling ground cinnamon on top
- Create dried flower bouquets for autumn
- Look for volunteering opportunities near you
- Use cozy essential oils to set the mood (cinnamon and clove are always a great choice)
- Go for at least one bike ride before the snow covers the trails
- Start a journal (and make it about gratitude)
Don’t forget to download a printable version here: CLICK HERE for the Bucket List Printable
Take this bucket list for healthy fall fun and see how many things you can do before that first snow falls. Hit reply and let me know what you’re most excited about.
Please use the comment section below to share your thought and ideas. We LOVE hearing from you!
In health and gratitude,
Elaine & Nevin
P.S. Before I forget, if you are ever feeling overwhelmed and need some help finding the right path for you, grab a cup of tea or your favorite smoothie and let’s chat.
P.P.S. If you have enjoyed this information and can think of someone that would be well served to receive the information, please share.