BENEFITS OF COCONUTS
- Coconut is highly nutritious and rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals
- The coconut provides a nutritious source of meat, juice, milk, and oil
- Improves insulin secretion and utilization of blood glucose
- Prevents wrinkles, sagging skin, and age spots
- Helps prevent obesity and overweight problems
- Functions as a protective antioxidan
DELICIOUS COCONUT PIE WITH BERRIES & SECRET INGREDIENT!
“Hi, Elaine Gibson here! I want to share with you this unbelievable, be-careful-about-licking-your-fingers, Coconut and Berry Cream Pie. This is our recipe for today and I want to give you one warning: you WILL lick your fingers, you WILL lick every utensil you have – be careful when licking the blades. There is a secret ingredient in this Coconut Cream Pie. The secret ingredient is…Avocado! It’s AMAZING! Let us know how you like it! The recipe is below. ”
- 2 1/4 cups dried shredded organic coconut
- 1/3 cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 dates with pits removed
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (You can use honey, agave or whatever you have handy)
- 1 tbsp alcohol free organic vanilla
- Place all ingredients into a food processor. Be sure the coconut oil is distributed and that the mixture is blended.
Scoop the mixture into a 10 inch deep pie plate or shallower square dishes. (This is what I do.) I make one main dish and a few smaller ones to freeze. Spread evenly.
- 2 cups organic strawberries mixed until smooth. (I use my Magic Bullet).
- Honestly, any fruit you love works well here. Experiment and let us know what you try.
- Spread evenly on crust.
- Chill for 30-60 minutes. In a pinch, I will freeze while I mix the filling.
- 2 cups young coconut meat (approx 2 coconuts opened, scooped and diced)
- ½ cup diced, peeled mini zucchini SECRET INGREDIENT ½ – whole AVOCADO! Amazing
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked 30 minutes & drained
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/4 cups fresh young coconut water (from 1-2 coconuts depending on size)
- 1 1/2 tbsp alcohol free organic vanilla
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or to taste (You can use honey, agave or whatever you have handy)
- *Note: If you do not have fresh coconuts, shredded and purchased coconut water are fine
- Place in blender and mix until smooth and creamy.
Note: be careful here. You WILL lick your fingers and blades!
Pour this yummy mixture on the strawberry lined crust. If you place larger amounts around dish, it works best.
Chill for 4-6 hours or over night
Fresh mint sprigs
Since I grow mint on my deck, I just walk outside and pick what I need. Mint is so easy wonderful to grow; inside or out.
Slice about a dozen organic strawberries. Experience has taught me to keep like sized berries together so I can make an even topping design. Again, you can use whatever fruit you love.
Once your pie is set, decorate.
- 2 cups almond meal from almond milk or cashews
- 2 cups coconut
- ¾ lemon juice
- 1/4 cup agave or honey
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor until dough is formed.
- Form dough into cookie shapes and dry in dehydrator at 105 degrees. You want them dry but soft.
Since I wanted more lemon in mine so I grabbed my favorite citrus squeezer and a fresh lemon. We use this tool every day.
Form dough into cookie shapes and dry in dehydrator at 105 degrees. You want them dry but soft.
ALERT: you may find yourself eating the raw cookie dough so plan ahead if you are serving for guests!
Please use the comment section below to share your thoughts and ideas. We LOVE hearing from you!
In health and gratitude,
Elaine & Nevin
P.S. Before I forget, if you are ever feeling overwhelmed and are serious about getting clarity and focus to create the life you desire and deserve, let’s schedule a Find Your Focus 15 minute complimentary call.
CLICK HERE and let’s talk.
P.P.S. If you have enjoyed this information and can think of someone that would be well served to receive the information, please share.