Salad generally isn’t something we search around to find new recipes for — it’s usually the same old routine, which can indeed become drab.
But guess what? It doesn’t have to be that way. (Whew)
It’s time to mix things up and make salads exciting, delicious and something you crave…and once you get creative and find your flow, this will undoubtedly be the case!
As I was fighting for my life to beat Stage IV cancer, without traditional protocols, maintaining a high alkaline and high raw lifestyle became paramount. I quickly learned that my cells love this way of life and my immune system is stronger than ever. Shedding 28 pounds without trying and increasing my energy are a huge benefit. Sometimes you just might even catch me singing.
While green juice and alkaline water are a strong foundation for me, having delicious salad selections and time saving ideas at my finger tips makes maintaining a healthy lifestyle easier. Be sure to wash your ingredients in good clean water. After all, no good ever comes from infusing your beautiful foods with chlorine and other chemicals found in our water supply.
I certainly don’t have to convince you that salads are good for you. Salads generously provide you a healthy helping of nutrient-packed greens, nourishing raw veggies and an extra pep in your step afterwards.
With so many perks all in one bowl, it’s time to re-kindle your relationship with salads and get them back on your plate.
Here are 3 tips for making fab salads that you will love:
- Use ingredients that are fresh and in season. Take a trip to the Farmers Market or your local healthy grocery store to pick up some local, fresh and in season produce…your taste buds will thank you. One of my favorite tips my clients love to do is dice fresh avocado to use in place of traditional croutons.
- Mix it up. Get creative with your ingredients and play with mixing textures. Combining raw veggies with one cooked veggie can really take it up a notch. For example, roasting some broccoli, mushrooms or onions to add to your salad will add an interesting and delicious element to your plate. Do you already have some ideas brewing? Don’t forget the fruit! Adding berries to a summer salad is refreshing and quenches that taste for something sweet.
- Spin your greens. After you wash your greens, spinning them dry will help them not become soggy or too wet to absorb your ingredients and dressing. So break out that Salad Spinner and spin away!
Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Olive oil — 1/2 cup
- Balsamic Vinegar — 1/3 cup
- Dijon Mustard — 1⁄2 teaspoon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Basil — 1⁄2 teaspoon
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Combine in jar with lid, shake and store.
Are your ideas brewing already? What are you inspired to throw in your next salad? Hit ‘reply’ and tell me what you’re creating!
I know you’ll want something special to put atop that delectable salad in your near future, so I’ve included one of my favorite easy, homemade salad dressing recipes for you below. Enjoy!
Please use the comment section below to share your thoughts and ideas. We LOVE hearing from you!
In health and gratitude,
Elaine & Nevin
P.S. Before I forget, if you are ever feeling overwhelmed and are serious about getting clarity and focus to create the life you desire and deserve, let’s schedule a Find Your Extraordinary 15 minute complimentary call.
P.P.S. If you have enjoyed this information and can think of someone that would be well served to receive the information, please share.